Sunday, March 12, 2017

Things that matter to you are important

I would like to add a quick note. I've realized over some months that I am a fear-driven person for the most part - for example, the underlying reason I watch what I eat and exercise is because I fear looking unattractive, not because I so desire to be healthy from the inside. Health is a benefit, but avoiding a potential negative is the bigger thing. Avoiding the bad stuff rather than working to experience the good stuff.

One of my many fears in coming over here was how I would explain Trump. Not that I would be able to explain it, but how would I get out of a sticky situation in which a foreigner is mad at me for the political decisions my country has made? Our latest taxi driver asked about it, we discussed, and I expressed my thoughts, understandings, and emotions on the topic, as he his own. It is topic for much discussion; so much. But I wasn't being blamed. And that was great. Fear: confronted!

No comments:

Post a Comment