Tuesday, April 4, 2017

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Today is about getting as many chores done as possible. I visited the GP (doctor) and signed up for NHS (big chore), picked up additional ingredients for slow cooker dark meat chicken, and found out they definitely just don't have onion powder here. Medium sized chore. Got an onion to substitute, and it was only £.13 compared to £1.75 for all of the other spices. Went to the post office, mailed the twins' London newspaper from the day they were born, bought David Bowie stamps. Not a chore.

Cut up the chicken to remove bones & fat, found out the slow cooker probably requires a transformer. I'm not completely sure of this, because I know it uses low power for a long time, but I'm going to err on the side of caution and not burn this place down. 


Earlier I also checked out of the temporary living quarters, and was driving back home when I almost got T-boned because I inserted myself to a right turn (which means crossing over a lane, we're in the UK) and the opposing traffic had a green light starting up that this car was responding to with haste. Fortunately it didn't result in contact, and was more or less a learning experience for me. What am I learning other than I am bad at driving here? Just trying to get my instincts up to par since I am still looking the wrong way more or less all the time - but taking corrective action - just my first instinct is often wrong. I also should have been aware that I couldn't quite see the traffic coming from the other side, and even though they had a red light when I was pulling out, it was turning green (note, I didn't have a light, the light itself was a little bit to my left.)

Driving here is scary. And now I have a chicken dish ready to get slow cooked that will have to wait a few days in the fridge until the right transformer gets here. Next is figuring out how to know which is the best transformer for you.

Can I get some chocolate? And wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment