Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Follow Up: I am Awesome at Cooking

Ok, not really. But the recipe for Strawberry Mint Iced Tea came out simply amazing. I will now proceed to post pictures, like a real blogger.
Wonderful! Adding the garnishing touches really adds something special to the overall appeal of the beverage. Refreshing and cool mint tea combined with these fresh strawberries quickly became quite addictive. If only the freezer would make ice as fast as I can imbibe a gallon of tea. (Sigh.)

I also made this Veggie Ravioli Lasagna based off of an article Matt sent me today while at work. This is my attempt at taking advantage of all the affordable produce available in these dog days of July. Here's how it came out for me: 

It was delicious, and not to mention very easy to make. Pretty much all the preparation includes is cutting the veggies into various shapes, placing them in the dish, and pouring oil on them. A few  comments on the recipe website advocate for less olive oil. I never have a problem with a little extra oil, but in this case it did somewhat pool in areas, and I wound up pouring out some just so the dish could live up to its "lasagna" name, and that worked out just fine. But to avoid wasting any EVOO, I'd say use about half the recommendation - which is 1 Tbsp. at 3 separate intervals. Sticking with 1/2 Tbsp. of oil should do just fine, and hopefully waste less.

Of course, here are pictures of the lovely ladies enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment