Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brewing Your Own Pumpkin Beer?

Okay, okay, we all know where this is going. Try to brew your own pumpkin beer for a week or two, try it, spit it out and go out for some UFO Pumpkin Ale, Shipyard Pumpkinhead, Dogfish Punkin, or whatever other brand of completely delicious pumpkin ale the hipsters be drinkin'.

I'm actually totally down with that, because it has all the necessary components of a fun, festive endeavor: 1.) looking like I tried something new 2.) potentially turning out yummy and 3.) if not, drinking something that is. Win-win.



This is a recipe for literally brewing beer INSIDE of a pumpkin.

Requirements:
1.)A giant pumpkin for brewing

2.) For lack of a better technical term, equipment related to brewing beer.
3.)  TIME. I can't tell exactly how much but it seems like this shit requires a ton of time to ferment. Like, weeks. Ugh.

Okay I don't really actually know how I feel about this. But instead ... here is a list of the best pumpkin beers to purchase!!! And if you succeed in the endeavor of brewing pumpkin beer, well good lord, many props. Please let me know. Boy, this article sure did go exactly as predicted. I'm thinking about using the $2 cash I have on me to put a down payment on one of these bad boys on my way home.
 
What's that, you say you don't take down payments?

No comments:

Post a Comment